Sunday, January 30, 2011

Deer Friend

For you my Deer
Hi everyone ,sorry for bad photo( it's under the weather) cause it has been raining the whole of yesterday and today so the picture is a bit darker~think of it, in 1-2 shade lighter  : ) . I normally take my picture using natural sunlight.
 Love this stamp too ! When I saw someone made a card with this deer image( a year or maybe 2 ago) , I said to myself I must buy it! That's how I found TGF(the greeting farm) stamps and fell in love with their stamps ! They are so cute! Love the different characters they have and good quality stamps too!(Sorry, I think this stamp is no longer available !So if yo have it , Lucky you!) Cause I no longer see it in their stamp collection. So for me if I see something I really- really like I would buy it . ( I miss out on some cute stamps .... -_-  am regretting now....)
I decided to make a scallop circle card (just brought this die, am loving it!) The 4 pieces of DP is a new from BG ~hopscotch ,....love the colours in the pad .Have painted the deer with distress inks and glossy accents the eye , nose and some parts of his body.Placed 2 buttons over a eline flower which I have glimmer mist(don't remember the colours I used.) and added a bow lace.He seems to be looking up ,so I placed a butterfly on the upper right corner.Love it ! It 's now sitting next to Flutter Anya!




Challenges I would love to enter are :


TGF M.Mon - Claudine
Simon says stamps - Animal Antic
LOTV - # 82 Anything but a square
Little Red Wagon- # 65 Lace
Do you stack up- # patterned paper

You can see from the close-up picture a bit of the gloss on the eye and neck.Have also distress some pink on the SB die cut shape.Love how it looks with the buttons in the center with the bow.(Had to dig into my jar of pink buttons to look for a coral pink button to match this card)

Here is some goodies which I have bought on sat ,they were on sale .  Will be using them for my future cards.

Materials used
Stamps -TGF  Deer Friend  / Hero Arts butterfly  Card- DCWV the Spring cardstock stack- cream,pink and blue.   Paper- Basic Grey-Hopscotch , Ink pads -Memento  brown,Ranger Distress inks,spun sugar,broken china. Lace  Punch- Lifestyle dies  border  Embellishments-  glossy accents.

Okay Bye for now...........till my next card!
Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so cute! Adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute, I've got this lovely deer too, I love the colours you've used for this card, very very nice
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely gorgeous Doreen! The lovely deer, the colours and all the detail are just perfect together.

    Enjoy your new stash, looking forward to see what you make with them.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute.
    this time it's hard to take good fotografie, don't worry
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a 'deer' card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bad photo does not spoil it - lovely

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there :D Thanks so much for sharing this cute patterned paper card with us at DYSU! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this card, the image is so sweet, it reminds me of my childrens books, long long time ago, nice lo as well. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and please check our site we are looking for new DT members! Hugs Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

    Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

    Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete